The first and most important decision you need to make when shopping for replacement garage doors in Toronto is whether to go for something from a standard range or to order a custom product from a company that builds doors to their client’s specifications. To make the right decision, there are a few important factors you should consider, which we have listed below for your convenience. Each one is important so it is a good idea to read through the list carefully and think about what they mean to you personally before you make your choice.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Between Custom Garage Doors and Standard Doors
Once you have given some consideration to each point, you should be in a much better position to choose the right type for your home. It does not matter whether you live in Vaughan, Richmond Hill, the center of Toronto, or elsewhere in the GTA: the factors in the following list will be equally relevant to you.
- Materials – If you would like to have your door manufactured from an exotic species of hardwood or a particular type of metal that is not in common use, custom overhead garage doors will almost certainly be your best option. On the other hand, if you are perfectly happy with cedar, fiberglass, or aluminum, something from one of the many standard ranges you can find in this part of the world may well suffice.
- Security Features – Most modern standard garage doors come with adequate security features but if you would like your garage to be an impregnable fortress, you may need to commission custom doors. Locks that can be activated locally by smartphones and tablets, or from the other side of the world via the Internet, are just one type of security feature that you can ask to have fitted to your custom garage doors.
- Design – Standard doors come in a wide variety of styles but if none of them appeal to you or you live in a unique property and need something special to blend in with the exterior of your home, a custom order will be the best way to go.
- Cost – If you would like to replace your existing door without spending too much money in the process, a standard model is undoubtedly going to be the best option. While custom garage doors offer homeowners in Vaughan and elsewhere a lot more flexibility as far as style and functionality are concerned, there is no getting away from the fact that, in general, they cost more than their standard equivalents.
- Size – Many of the residential properties in neighborhoods such as Richmond Hill are built to standard dimensions, which means that standard garage doors are almost certain to be suitable. However, if you live in a house that was built to your custom specifications, you may well have to consider custom doors to achieve a good fit.
- Timing – If you are in a hurry to replace your existing door owing to the fact it has been damaged or has deteriorated to the point where it poses a security risk, you will find that having a standard door fitted is the most expedient option, owing to the lead times associated with custom garage doors. However, if any of the previously mentioned factors mean that a custom door is your only sensible choice, you may have to have your existing door repaired as a stopgap measure.
Whatever you decide, Smart Doors can supply and replace your overhead garage door at very competitive rates. Call or email today for further information.