The modern garage door you’ll get from Smart Doors is a marvel of lightweight functionality that provides safety, security and curb appeal to beat the band. Other attributes of the modern garage door include:
- Leading Edge Design – Modern garage door systems are some of the most visually arresting building components on the market today. Where things like siding and masonry have basically stood still from a design standpoint over the past decades, garage doors have consistently broken – and continue to break – new ground.
- Energy Awareness – In the past when you replaced your garage door you basically traded horizontally. That is, your new door didn’t provide you much by way of energy savings over the old door. By contrast a new insulated garage door from Smart Doors keeps more heat in your home and can raise the ambient temperature of your garage by 10-20 degrees.
- Durability – Some types of modern garage door will last 2 to 3 times as long as their counterparts of yesterday. New materials are responsible for much of that increase but fabrication methods have also greatly improved, resulting in doors that fit together with Swiss watch precision and present a much more unified front against the elements.
- Environmental Responsibility – Preventing heat from escaping through the garage door helps reduce your home’s carbon footprint. Fabricating modern garage doors from recycled aluminum means less degradation of primary resource stocks. Doors that last longer need to be replaced less frequently which means reduced resource demands by manufacturers.
- Reliability – Every component of the modern garage doors we sell at Smart Doors is the beneficiary of years of refinement and improvement from both structural and mechanical standpoints. As a result your new garage door will provide you years of smooth, near silent operation while needing virtually no maintenance.
The modern garage door bears little resemblance to its forebears of even a generation ago. Today’s garage doors embrace contemporary materials and principles of fabrication and also occupy a much higher rung on the ladder of design sophistication and, yes, beauty than ever before. Whether steel, aluminum, composite or good old fashioned wood modern garage doors answer the call for homeowners in search of enhanced curb appeal and long term value.
The modern garage doors you buy today through Smart Doors may wind up being the last garage door you’ll ever need for your home in Toronto or Richmond Hill.