If you have not replaced yours for a number of years, you may be surprised at just how much has changed in terms of the design and functionality of modern garage doors. Not so long ago, there was very little in the way of innovation as far as this particular domestic fixture was concerned but nowadays, manufacturers are competing with each other to produce doors that offer Toronto homeowners fantastic value for money. Below, we take a quick look at some of the features you can expect when purchasing a contemporary garage door.
Why Invest in Modern Garage Doors?
Given the many other home improvement options that people consider every year, it is not surprising that a new garage door is often quite far down their list of priorities. However, once you know what you are missing out on, you may well decide to reprioritize your list this year.
- Excellent Insulation – If you pop into a nearby showroom or get in touch with a specialist such as Smart Doors for garage doors in Toronto, you will discover that today’s garage doors are fully insulated and designed to fit the space they were created for perfectly. This means you can use your garage as a workshop in the wintertime without having to worry about your utility bills skyrocketing owing to all the heat you lose through the door.
- Wide Choice of Styles – You no longer have to put up with something that looks like a barn door unless you really want to. Modern garage doors in Richmond Hill and elsewhere in the GTA are available in a wide variety of different styles so there is sure to be one that complements the exterior of your property perfectly. Whether you own a period residence in the centre of the city or a contemporary house in the suburbs, you will be able to find a door that increases the curb appeal of your property significantly.
- Longevity – Whether you live in Richmond Hill, Vaughan, or another part of the GTA, an old-style wooden door installed in your property will often end up looking rather dilapidated after just a few years but the latest models are manufactured from steel, aluminum, and fibreglass: materials which can easily stand up to the local weather conditions and which will ensure your new door looks just as good in 5 years time as it did the day it was installed.
- Value for Money – As mentioned above, many modern garage doors in Toronto represent excellent value for money, especially when compared to their predecessors. Competitive prices, high quality materials and fittings, the increase in the value of your home, and the energy savings from improved insulation all go toward making them an excellent investment.
- Ease of Maintenance – Modern doors are supplied by companies with skilled maintenance teams, which means that should your new door require servicing or repairs at any stage in the future, a quick phone call is all it will take. Although good quality doors are unlikely to need much in the way of attention from one year to the next, it is nice to know that in the event of an accident or unforeseen issue, you can get the problem sorted without any unnecessary drama.
If you would like to see what type of doors are currently available and you find yourself in Vaughan, please feel free to visit our Concord showroom and tell us what you are looking for. Alternatively, send us an email or call us during business hours and we will be delighted to tell you everything you want to know about our extensive range of modern Toronto garage doors.