If you are thinking of replacing your existing overhead garage door and you would like to install something that makes a real style statement, you may wish to consider full-view garage doors. Although they are still a relatively rare sight in the city of Toronto and nearby suburbs such as Vaughan and Richmond Hill, they are gaining traction among homeowners who appreciate a more modern aesthetic as far as exterior design is concerned and are something of a talking point in areas where they have been installed. For further information about this particular style of garage door, please feel free to call and speak to a member of our team. In the meantime, we have listed some of the major design factors to bear in mind when you are considering whether a full-view door will improve the appearance of the exterior of your home.
Are Full View Garage Doors Right for Your Home?
If you quite like the idea of your Toronto home, or elsewhere in the GTA becoming a talking point among your neighbors but you are just not sure whether a full-view door will look right on your property, consider the following points regarding their visual appeal.
- A Very Modern Aesthetic – Slim anodized aluminum frames with large expanses of glass in between each section combine to produce a very modern aesthetic that is more suited to contemporary properties than period homes. However, if you are interested in a full-view door and you own an older-style property, you can find models that are made with wooden rather than aluminum frames, which would not look out of place when installed in your home.
- Can Be Used as a Display Feature – Whether you have a beautiful car that you cherish or a vintage motorcycle of which you are particularly proud, you might be interested in full-view garage doors fitted with clear glass so that you can put your pride and joy on display for all the world to see. If you do decide to go with this option, remember that you may need to add extra security features to your property at the same time.
- Cool Vibe – If you are aiming to create a cool vibe with your new garage doors, the full-view style is an excellent choice. Go for heavily tinted glass in black or bronze and your new doors are sure to cause a stir in your neighborhood. Tinted glass is available in a variety of colors and mirrored finishes so whatever look you prefer, you should be able to find some that match your personal preferences perfectly.
- Easy to Update – If you choose full-view garage doors with clear glass, you can apply a tinted film to the glass after the installation process has been completed. The advantage of this approach is that you can change the appearance of your doors over time, to match any changes you make to the rest of your property’s exterior.
- Create a Sleeker Lower Look for Your Garage – The large panes of glass and the horizontal lines of the anodized aluminum frames that full-view doors boast ensure that any garage they are fitted to will immediately look sleeker and lower. This is because the horizontal lines that dominate this style of door help to add width to any structure, which in turn creates the illusion of reduced height.
If you would like to see some examples of the type of full-view garage doors that are available in Toronto, please feel free to visit our showroom in the Greater Toronto Area.