Do you wish to incorporate bright and modern industrial design into your home? Would you like to beautifully merge indoor and outdoor spaces with open visibility? Perhaps you simply wish to take full advantage of the natural light and views available from your garage in Toronto, Vaughan or Richmond Hill. If you answered yes to at least one of those points then read on about full view garage doors.
A Few points to Bear in Mind When Considering a Full View Garage Door:
- Privacy: To fully view or not to fully view, that is the question. One of the most fundamental issues with full view garage doors is privacy. You have to decide whether having an unfettered view of the world outside of your garage is more important to you than the fact that the inside of your garage will be clearly and completely visible from the outside. If you decide that privacy and the feeling of security that comes with it is more important to you then this kind of garage door may not be for you, though it is still possible to combine varying degrees of privacy with plenty of natural light through the use of frosted or textured glass.
- Weight: There’s no getting around it, glass is heavy and a full view garage door means an awful lot of heavy. Should you decide to grace your garage with a full view we would recommend that you get a heavy duty motor to safely and reliably handle the opening and closing of your garage doors.
- Maintenance: This is a very straightforward consideration because glass and aluminium are by nature very low maintenance materials. Ordinary window cleaner will do the job on your glass panes and aluminium is strong, rigid and corrosion resistant – even more so when it is powder coated.
- Design: Upgrading your home in general is a good way to increase the value of your home, but since garage doors tend to be very visible and eye-catching from the curb – doubly so when it is made almost entirely of glass – we would advise that you select a frame and fixture design for your full view garage door that is appropriate to the rest of your home. Having historically incongruent designs may be eye-catching but it is generally not very good for the value of your home. Luckily, aluminium can be powder coated in any colour you like and glass is a very versatile material.
- Glass: There are just so many different kinds of glass to choose from; tempered glass, wire glass, insulated glass, stained glass, frosted, clear or textured. The choice can be rather bewildering. Each kind of glass comes with its own pros and cons relative to your home environment.
- Usage: Full view garage doors are an excellent choice if you intend to use your garage as a place to work on or simply enjoy visual delights from your home. You may have a garden that you like to admire while eating. You may wish to enjoy seeing your children play outside. Having an abundance of natural light is not only good for your health and well-being but is also crucial for the pursuit of artistic endeavours such as drawing, painting and photography in your garage-cum-home studio.
Smart Doors understands that this is a big decision to make for your home in Toronto, Vaughan or Richmond Hill and the points made in this article are really just the tip of the iceberg because each home is unique. Call us now for a free professional home evaluation.