No matter how much TLC you lavish upon your long-serving garage door, there will come a day when it will have to be replaced because like all good things, garage doors too must come to an end. Therefore, it’s time to get a new garage door installation!
Common Signs that you need a new Garage Door Installation
Here are some tell-tale signs that your garage door is on its last legs and a new residential garage door or commercial garage door installation for your home in Toronto, Vaughan or Richmond Hill is in order:
- Major Wear and Tear: Aluminium is easily dented, as with steel which can also rust. Wood is demanding to care for and can rot. Fiberglass yellows with age and the cold causes it to become brittle. All of these factors take their toll over time and you will eventually reach a point where it is more cost-effective to invest in a new garage door installation than to continue with increasingly costly maintenance for steadily diminishing returns.
- Unauthorized Access: If small children or animals are finding their way into your garage then it could be a sign that there’s something wrong with your garage door. This is both a safety and a security issue that could adversely affect your home contents insurance and the compromised integrity of your garage door may lead to some unpleasant surprises, which leads to the next point.
- The Bills are Going Up: Your garage door may have no insulation or failing insulation which will cause your HVAC system to work harder to compensate. Not only does this send your energy bills skyrocketing, but a humid garage can also allow dampness and mold to set which can damage your belongings and the home itself. Retrofitting insulation is possible but it is by definition an afterthought, so you may want to consider a brand new garage door installation that is perfectly matched to your needs.
- Persistent or Unusual Noise: A little bit of noise here and there is normal for heavy-duty equipment with moving metal parts, but the constant sound of screeching metal and straining machinery are unmistakable cries of pain. It’s a sure sign that your garage door needs help, but if your DIY efforts or even the aid of professionals are continually defeated by the problem then it is probably time to put your garage door out of its misery with a new garage door installation. Besides, nobody likes noise pollution.
- Shaking / Inconsistent Movement: This is a clear safety issue. Garage doors are not designed to hit people or break things, but when garage doors go bad a sudden movement by something so heavy can potentially deal with some serious damage to anything that happens to be in the way. Let your unpredictable garage door depart with dignity to garage door heaven instead of garage door hell and replace it before it harms you or your feelings.
- You are Selling Your Property or Your Garage Has a New Function: A new garage door installation is a great way to increase the value of your home, especially if you are doing some renovation work to the rest of the property that would be better matched by a new garage door than your current one. If you are converting your garage into a living space or a multi-purpose area then you really ought to consider options that combine easy and convenient personal access with good insulation.
You do not need to deal with this alone! If you looking for a garage door in Toronto, Vaughan or Richmond Hill area we highly recommend that you call Smart Doors now for a truly professional evaluation.